Sunday, August 21, 2011

Every Story Has a Beginning, Middle, and End

Although I won't be leaving for Australia until about June 2012, I believe it is important to begin by blogging about the whole process of this journey.

The beginning process includes gathering information from other aupairs, the Australian and US embassies, and families that have had aupairs. I will also be looking at families on the site/agency to get an idea of what I am looking for. Until I subscribe to the site/agency I will be building my profile so that it is complete and ready to go when the time comes. The next steps will be to subscribe to the agency, apply for a passport and visa, and begin contacting families. Once the family and I find each other we will begin making arrangements for my arrival. I will stay with them from 6 months - 1 year, which the family will decide. Once my time with the family is complete I will return to the US and continue to blog for a few weeks. I have heard that when you leave the country for an extended period of time and then return, there can be some confusing/mixed feelings.  It will be hard to see that time here did not stand still while I was away. Also, I'm sure I will be overjoyed to be back in the states with my family and friends, but I will also be missing my Australian family.

That's a short summary of the journey I am embarking on and I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I know I will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment