Sunday, August 21, 2011

What's In A Name?

As some of you know, I went back and forth between names for this blog. I asked several people their opinion and tried out several different names. The name reads - Dream Journey to Oz. I chose this one over all the others for several different reasons.

1. It was one of the shorter names.
2. It has a nice ring to it.
3. It has been a dream of mine to go to Australia since I was 10.
4. This experience is going to be a journey for me not only physically, but spiritually and mentally as well.
5. Oz is an Australian nickname for Australia. Australians pronounce "Aus" with a hard 'z' sound (as they do when saying "Aussie"), so they write it phonetically. The nickname is also used to refer to the mythical land of Oz mentioned in Frank L. Baum's books. Australia's Emerald City of Oz is Sydney (the main focus of my trip over there) because of the emerald-green water in the harbor.
6. Once I came up with it I kept going back to it through my decision process.

No comments:

Post a Comment