Monday, April 23, 2012

Plans Are Seriously Underway

Since this past Thursday, all the plans for Australia have turned into a whirlwind of money, planning, tickets, photos, phone calls, and e-mails... For now, the whirlwind has calmed leaving behind some wonderful things:

1) My Visa application was accepted and approved!
2) My ticket to Australia has been purchased!!! I am leaving the afternoon of Monday, July 16th and arriving in Melbourne on the morning of Wednesday, July 18th. (Closer to the date I will give more information on my flight and the amazing, luxurious plane I'll be on for the last 15.5 hours of my trip)
3) The family informed me that they have officially purchased my plane ticket for the family vacation to Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia and sent me copies of the tickets!!!

What is Port Douglas?? Well, it is a tropical  town far north on the east coast of Australia. It is known in Australia as the place where the rainforest meets the reef. It is the only place on earth where two World Heritage listed jewels exist - the Great Barrier Reef and the rainforest of Daintree and Cape Tribulation. The Daintree National Park is the site of the oldest living rainforest on earth and is owned by the Eastern Kuku Yalanji Aboriginal people and contains many rare plant and animal species. During our stay at Port Douglas we will be staying in a seaside luxury apartment/condo where I will have my own room. The adventures available include horseback riding, biking, hiking, ziplining, learning about Aboriginal culture, 4 wheeling, kayaking, helicopter tours, snorkeling, swimming with whales, chasing Marlins, and so much  more!!! I never even imagined I would have the opportunity to see and do this!!! Here is a sneak peek:
Note: Move the cursor off the slideshow to see the captions.

4 comments:

  1. Nikki- don't have time now to read all and see pics-but I am sooo excited for you! Amazing- just amazing! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking with you helps a lot since I know you've done a similar thing. Love you!

      Delete
  2. I expect you to Skype when your there lol. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skype? In the middle of the rainforest? Probably can't do that, but I will Skype ASAP after the adventure to tell you all about it and show you pictures (Skype allows screen sharing on one-on-one video calls so I can pull up the pictures on my computer and tell you about them while you look at them!).

      Delete