Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Say Hello to My Australian Family and Home

Since posting yesterday, the family has given me permission to use their names and pictures on my blog!! I am seriously excited about this because I feel as though it will help keep those of you at home more involved as you take this journey with me!!! So here are the first official pictures of my Australian family and home. =]
NOTE: Move the cursor off of the slideshow to see captions and sorry for the blurriness as these were taken from the au pair site.



I am officially 100% excited about this journey as this is what the mom wrote to me in an e-mail earlier today:
     "We told Michelle tonight and she is over the moon. We did not want to
      mention it to you before, but Michelle saw your picture early on (I think
      you were one of the first people that we favourited on the Great Au
      Pair website). We also read out to her your interests from your
      webpage. Michelle decided then that she wanted Nikki "because she
      likes what I like". So your decision has made one five year old very
      happy."
Knowing that I am able to have an impact on a child from the other side of the world leaves me smiling from ear to ear and makes my heart just completely overjoyed. I simply cannot wait for July 18th (my start date)!!!

6 comments:

  1. Those little ones are so very very blessed to have you coming into their lives. Ahem....so are the parents. I will be thinking of you always and know this is going to be one of the most memorable times of your life. Enjoy it! Love you NixNax:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parents have expressed already how lucky they feel. One of the first things they said to me was that I should be proud of my experience and professionalism. I can't wait to show them just how much I love caring for kids!! Words are one thing, but action is another. You're right about this going to be one of the most memorable times of my life! I'm sooo psyched!!

      Delete
  2. Holy cow. That little kid could be Marty's twin. Your room looks awesome. So excited for you Nik.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom said the same thing! Lol. Yeah, I love the big corner floor to ceiling windows! What a change from Lee St.!! Thanks Col! Your excitement, support, and encouragement keeps me positive!! =]

      Delete
  3. I am so very happy and incredibly sad in the same moment... is that ok?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it's okay RaMa. I wouldn't expect anything else. I too have some happy and sad thoughts about all this... mostly happy though. =]

      Delete