Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ben Fell In Love

It was a gorgeous day today and Ben was in a gorgeous mood. The following is the exchange between the two of us this afternoon.

Ben: (hands me 7 leaves he picked off a bush) This is a special present for you, because I love you.
Me: Aw, thanks Ben. I love you too. This present is very nice.
Ben: (seeing the heart I drew in chalk on the ground, picks up a piece of chalk and draws a heart with mine) I drew a love heart because I fell in love with you.
Me: (heart melted, smile bigger than ever) Aw, Ben Ben. I love you too. Can I have a hug?
Ben: (gives me a hug) You know how some people fall in love? Well, I fell in love with you. 
Me: I think I've fallen in love with you too Ben Ben.
Ben: (goes inside and grabs his plate off the table with his leftover sandwich from lunch, walks outside with it) Let's have a picnic. (sits down next to me) We're having a picnic.
.......
After our picnic was over
Me: What do you say we go inside now and find something to do.
Ben: In the playroom? 
Me: Yes.
Ben: With you?
Me: Of course.
Ben: Okay then! Come on Nikki!




PS: This exchange took place after watching Wall-E, which may help you understand the seemingly sudden onset of him talking about being in love. It doesn't change how undeniably, ridiculously sweet he is though. 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. Random: Is that a lemon tree?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Random is right, lol, but very correct. Yeah, that's a lemon tree.

      Delete