Friday, August 3, 2012

Plugged In With Other Believers

Planning for Australia and actually coming here was a dream coming true, but nonetheless still required me to hold onto my Heavenly Father's hand and step way out of my comfort zone while he guided me every step of the way. Part of his guidance led me to a church's webpage - Compass church. I instantly got connected with the leader of the young adults group (Jemima) and she connected me with one of the regular girls (Louise) in the young adults group. Before I even arrived I had a home base of believers ready and waiting for me. It amazes me how His love has no boundaries!!! The day after I got here I went to small group. This past Sunday I went to church for the first time. I attended Compass chicks (where all the women's small groups gather in the same venue for a larger event) for the first time this past Thursday. I went out to the mall with one of the girls (Nikki) yesterday. Every time I turn around one of the girls from the group is checking to make sure things are going well and if I need anything they find out how to get me to it or it to me. They send me sweet texts every now and then and have opened up their homes to me for hanging out or just giving me the opportunity to check out and have some quiet time. The women and girls of the young adults group constantly show me the love and heart of God. Every time I speak with them I am reminded that God is right here, right next to me, taking this journey with me. When I think about how much this dream means to Him simply because it means so much to me, it brings tears to my eyes. Somehow, every day, He manages to show me Himself and His love. To be able to wrap my head around just how much He loves me (and YOU) is impossible, but I sense it every day. Looking for a church and getting connected and plugged in was definitely one of the best decisions I made in planning for this journey. Having other believers here who can encourage me and support me using my own Heavenly Father's words, who know what it means to show others His heart, love, and acceptance even when it means going out of their way, and who can remind me how important it is to stay focused on Him make this journey not only easy and beautiful but also a time of growth. I'm not sure why God has brought me to Australia, to this particular family, or to this specific church and group of believers... but for whatever reason I am sure it is spectacular and I simply cannot wait to find out why (even if that is tomorrow, 10 years from now, or not until I'm in heaven with Him).

1 comment:

  1. Always hold on to your beautiful faith! Nikki you are so blessed. You can see God's hand in your life and it is such an inspiration and reaffirmation of His presence. We love you!

    ReplyDelete