Monday, July 16, 2012

Packing Up and Flying Out

Packing for this trip was so much harder than I expected. I was completely unmotivated and discouraged. Luckily though, with the help of my mom and my friend Kaitlyn, the packing process is finally complete. I will be taking me, 3 large suitcases, 1 small carry-on, and 1 personal carry-on.


This morning has been so weird. Parts of it feel just like any other day while other parts feel completely unreal. My mind can't seem to wrap itself around the fact that this is really happening and it is no longer just a dream or talk, resulting in some fear, anxiety, and doubts. My heart on the other hand is overwhelmed with joy, excitement, and anticipation. We are leaving the house at 1:00 this afternoon for RDU. My flight takes off at 3:45. My flight information is below if you want to track it on www.flightstats.com using their flight tracker. The times listed are the times at the airports, so if you are on the east coast and looking at my last flight, that is actually occurring at 2:30 am (if there are any troopers reading this and willing to talk with me into the morning before my flight, do text or call please). I will arrive in Melbourne, Australia at 8:20 am on Wednesday morning (their time) which is 6:20 pm on Tuesday evening (east coast time). I will try to update as soon as possible once I arrive.
Pray with me for safe, healthy, anxiety free travels and that continues to calm my heart and mind. Be praying for my family and friends as we all experience this initial time apart. Also be praying for a quick settling in process. So thankful I am not taking this journey alone, but that I am taking it with all of you and with my one and only Heavenly Father by my side. =]

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey today, Nikki! How ironic that our au pair is arriving to the US today from France. We'll keep watching your adventure with fingers crossed from the States. And I'm on conference calls with people in Melbourne all the time, so I can definitely sympathize with the time difference. You can do it!
    Erin Weinland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOU ALREADY! I am praying that you have safe travels and be at peace. The lord is flying the plane and he has an Australian accent to help you understand the differences in Australia. lol ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete