Wednesday, October 31, 2012

31 Things I Do and Don't Miss

It's the 31st of October here and since Halloween isn't really celebrated all too much here, I decided to do a different, special post for the day. There are 15 things I miss, 15 things I don't miss, and 1 combo to add up to 31.

THINGS I MISS
  1. The closeness of my family, friends, and Munkie (physically, emotionally, and spiritually)
  2. The quiet
  3. Sitting in the living room
  4. Having a TV in my room
  5. A warm/cool house (depending on the season)
  6. Parking lots
  7. My church's (PIC's) praise and worship
  8. Greenery and open space
  9. A full size shower
  10. Back/Country roads
  11. Being able to drive anywhere at anytime
  12. Naps
  13. Window screens
  14. Fly swatters
  15. Family dinners at Red Bowl, Lunch Dates with Whitney at Pomodoros, Roomie Nights at Taco Bell, my 5 Fruit Frenzy from Jamba Juice, Anna Maria's Pizzaria with my little sisters and Brad, and Ranch Dip with Tostitos at my 2nd family's
THINGS I DON'T MISS
  1. Fast food (except for the Roomie Night mentioned previously)
  2. Being part-time or jobless
  3. Individualistic culture
  4. Overall fast-paced, chaotic, "gotta have it (or be there) now" lifestyle
  5. Making my own dinners (when I lived on my own)
  6. Small closet (when I lived at home)
  7. Lack of adventure
  8. Humidity
  9. Sharing the upstairs and bathroom (when I lived at home)
  10. Lack of sidewalks for running
  11. Being a 4 hour drive from the beach
  12. Lack of public transportation
  13. Politics
  14. Smell of smoke
  15. Having to drive everywhere (supermarket, chemist, nail salon, hair salon, etc)
1 Combo/#31: I miss home, but I don't miss having never experienced Australia and the beautiful people God has blessed me with here!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment