Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Extended Job Offer

Yesterday in the pool Daniel randomly said, "Jen and I haven't officially sat down and discussed this, but the common consensus is, we would love for you to stay with us through to next December".

God has taken my original dream of 2 weeks, extended it to 6 months, then to 10 months. Could it be possible that He has given me an extension I never dreamed was possible - 16 months?! I want to and I feel that I am supposed to take it, but I have a little while to decide and make sure. They are however planning for the next year as though I will be with them.

They have extended the stay, with complete understanding that I would go home early-mid May as originally planned. I would  leave again to come back to Australia between June 24th-26th. I haven't given them a definite yes, but to be honest, since the day I got here (especially over the last 2 weeks) I've been trying to figure out how to stay here longer. The lifestyle and pace of life, the attitude of people in general, Compass (my church), my friends at Compass, my Aussie family, the scenery - it could all keep me here forever (or 16 months). There are certain people and a sweet little kitty back home though that I'm not sure how I feel about being gone from for so long, especially after promising I'd be back. I would also be missing some serious milestones in my nieces life (who is due this month!!!). Also, in a more not of heart/mind matter, I would have to figure out how to either extend my current visa or what new visa to get. In addition to that, I have student loan payments that are beginning in November and the money I'm making here is not all too sufficient for paying those.

Not only is this an extremely wonderful opportunity, but it assures me that Jen and Daniel think I am doing a good job and that they love me as much as I thought they did. In the pool while Daniel and I were talking, Michelle asked what we were talking about and I said about me staying in Australia longer and living with them longer and the smile on her face was priceless. My heart is very torn between the options, so I ask that you keep this in prayer as I pray regularly so I can know without a shadow of a doubt what I'm supposed to do. Thank you everyone for your encouraging words and support!! Don't worry, I'll be coming home no matter what. Whether it is for a month and half or forever... we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment