Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye Phillip Island - Day With the Girls


Because the Phillip Island holiday was scheduled to be complete only 3-4 days before we all left for Sydney, I decided to take the last week of the 3 week holiday and come home early. My beautiful friends, Georgina, Louise, and Nikki drove down to Phillip Island to hang out for the day and then take me back to Melbourne.
The day started of normal and then spiraled out of control into complete crazyness. We chatted for a bit, loaded up the car, caught the last bit of the pelican feeding, sat on the jetty, had a nice fish’n’chips picnic on the grass by the water in the warm sun… this all sounds harmless right? Well… we got back to the resort and that’s when the crazyness began. Nikki and I played several rounds of air hockey and decided either we both suck at it or we are both really good because we couldn't seem to score more than 1 or 2 goals a round. Then we got to witness Georgina play air hockey for the first time ever. Afterwards… We went out to the jumping pillows on the playground. What are jumping pillows? They are like bouncy castles fastened to the ground in the shape of an enormous pillow with no walls or ceilings. I did not take the following picture, but this is to show you what I'm talking about: 
Anyways so we spent quite a bit of time running/bounding in slow motion, doing short step running like little kids, jumping over each other, bouncing each other, slipping, falling, rolling off, doing somersaults and flips, and so much more. My favorite part of it all? The immense laughter. I haven't laughed like that since I left for Australia and it felt soooo good to finally have a genuine, full body laugh. But the crazyness... doesn't stop here. Oh no. It continues. Georgina found a purple spinny thing that you sit in (with up to 3 other people) and you spin it around as fast as you can. We spun one way for a bit and then had to stop it and spin the other way. Everyone but me ended up getting off the spinny thing and that's when I really went to town on it. I spun it so fast that I couldn't even hold my head up. While I was doing this, Nikki and Louise were swinging and Georgina was riding a bouncy, ride on ladybug. I finally got off the spinny thing and then went for a slide and a climb before Georgina and I took our turn on the swings. By the end of all the crazyness and playground play everyone was pretty hot and tired and we decided it was time to head back home to Melbourne. I would tell you what happened in the car... but I wouldn't know because I slept the whole way home. A two week holiday will do that to you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment