Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2nd Family Love

The first time I really really got to hang out with my 2nd family was exactly what I need. My little sister, Amanda, did my toenails for me like the pro she is (and a month and a half later they are STILL done!!)! My Rama (2nd mom) made my absolute favorite chip dip. My 2nd dad made yummy hot dogs and mac'n'cheese for dinner. And we just hung out in the living room chatting and catching up. At some point it became me and my 2 little sisters on the couch together - me in the middle. We stayed that way for quite some time chatting, being stupid and then laughing at our stupidity, and just being close. I think daily about that hour or so we spent this way and I can't help but smile. It's the times like this that I cherish and will treasure forever. They sure are growing up into beautiful young women, but I'm glad they know they are never too big (considering they both tower over me) or too old for hugs, snuggling, and being ridiculous!! <3

We didn't do anything fancy, special, or out of the ordinary, but we didn't need to to have a good time. All we needed was each other's company. I don't think there wasn't a moment that night that I wasn't smiling from ear to ear. Being with my 2nd family warms my heart so much. One of my favorite things about them is that when I'm being myself, which is random and crazy, I fit right in! They don't laugh at me, but instead they laugh with me because more than likely they've already joined in the random crazyness. My 2nd family isn't about putting up fronts or keeping some kind of image. They are all about just relaxing and being whoever the heck it is you feel like being at the moment and for that, them letting me be me and accepting me as one of their own regardless, is why I love them so much. These are just a few of the pictures from that night. <3







1 comment:

  1. I get tears in my eyes looking at the pictures again of ALL my girls together after so long apart, acting just like they always have. Ten months away from each other and they didn't miss a single beat falling back into the melody of laughter and silliness that always fills the space around them when they are together.
    I love my girls, all three!

    ReplyDelete