Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Holding My Niece For the 1st Time

I got to hold and play with my niece for the first time while home since she was born while I was away!!! It took all I had not to cry when I saw her in person for the first time, but I didn't want her first impression of me to be some crazy lady balling her eyes out at the front door, so I held it together and just smiled and talked to her. She's 7 months old already and cute as ever!! She's so strong, both her legs and her arms. She loves to be moving, but she especially likes to jump. She can squeal at decibels that only dogs can hear. She has the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on a baby girl and is usually in a very good mood. She is sitting up pretty well, but isn't crawling yet. Her giggle is the best, but I've only ever heard her do it for her mom, Marie. Speaking of her mom, my big sister, I got to spend so much unexpected time with her which was really nice because over the past several years she was away at college and then I went away to college, so we haven't really gotten to spend much time together. It was so nice just to feel reconnected with her and chat and laugh like we always have. God didn't give me a blood-related big sister, but when he saw how much I needed one, He gave me Marie, and she's the best big sister a girl could ask for. On the other hand, I got to spend practically no time with my big friend, Kirk (Marie's husband) due to the fact that he was at work every time I was at the house. Hoping to get to hang out with him a bit more when I come home next time.



I love this Lil' Bit so much and I can't wait to be more consistent in her life. She was comfortable with me while I was home, meaning she let me hold her and play with her even when mom and/or dad wasn't around, so here's to hoping that come December she still remembers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment